We're Getting Hitched
We can't wait to see you all in December.
Here's a whole bunch of information to help you all get to and from the wedding safely as well as additional information on camping/accom, things to bring and things to keep in mind.
-Edwina & Dan
Many of you have already responded with your RSVPs but if you wouldn't mind, please take a minute to fill in the form to the right >
This will help us ensure we have sufficient camping and catering arrangements for everyone.
Things to note:
- There is limited to zero phone service out on the farm so please keep that in mind.
- Whilst it should be warm throughout the day, it can get chilly at night so pack some warm clothes.
- Yulowirri is a farm; There will be live animals, funny smells and uneven ground.
- If you suffer from allergies, Dan knows your pain however he seems to be adjusting. From experience Dan recommends taking antihistamine once a day for a few days leading up as well as on the day. Dan also recommends Nasonex... a nasal spray you can get for around $20 over the counter. He swears by it actually. He won't stop talking about it. I wish he would stop.
- Please arrive with enough time to set up camp before the ceremony at 4:30pm on the 17th.
- It will be fire season, so we must ask that everyone takes care not to start any fires, we will allocate areas and ash trays for those who need to smoke, for those camping - please only use gas burners - no open fires and we will also refrain from using candles throughout the wedding... hooray for LEDs! We will also keep car movements on the property to a minimum to avoid spot fires.
- BYO Drinks
'Yulowirri' 451 Welumba Creek Road, Greg Greg 2642 NSW
How to get here from Sydney... Allow 6 hours.
SYD > Hume Hwy (M5) > Yass > Gundagai > Tumbarumba Road > Tumbarumba > Tooma > (follow streamers) > 'Yulowirri' GREG GREG!
DO NOT GO OVER THE MOUNTAINS... unless you want to add a few hours of site seeing to your journey.
We recommend stopping at Oliver's for a decent meal. There is one at Goulburn at the Shell Service Station and one at Gundagai at the 'Dog on a Tuckerbox'
The last 24 hour service is at Gundagai. Make sure to top up fuel before proceeding. There is an IGA and liquor store in Tumbarumba open until midday on Saturday if you need to stock up.
How to get here from Melbourne... Allow 5.5 hours
MELB > Hume Hwy > Holbrook > Jingelic > Walwa > Tintaldra> (follow streamers) 'Yulowirri' GREG GREG!
We recommend stopping at the Holbrook Bakery.
The last 24 hour services are in Holbrook so make sure you fill up your tank before proceeding. There is an IGA and liquor store in Holbrook if you need to stock up.
HOW TO GET HERE FROM ANYWHERE ELSE...
We trust you'll work it out ; )
Whilst we will do our best to provide as much basic amenities as possible (incl. water, camp shower, portaloos etc) please pack supplies as if you were camping out bush. Things to bring;
- Basic food supplies
- Warm clothes - it will get cold at night
- General Camping gear
- 15-20 litres of water - One of those bulk ones you get from the supermarket
- Insect repellent
- Towels & Toiletries (baby wipes will come in handy and extra toilet paper... just in case)
PLEASE NOTE: It will be fire season so please take all care to avoid starting fires, this includes no open fires, only gas cookers and no candles. Smokers please take special care extinguishing cigarettes.
For those who require accommodation there are plenty of options however we do recommend booking as soon as possible as there will be an influx of people coming to the wedding with the same idea.
Tooma BNB (10min drive) - https://www.facebook.com/Tooma-Valley-B-B-706028722882684/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
Corryong Motel (25min drive)- http://www.mountain-view.com.au/
Corryong Hotel/Motel (25min Drive) http://www.corryonghotelmotel.com.au/
Alpine Accomodation BNB (25 min Drive) https://www.facebook.com/alpineaccom/
Tintaldra Hotel - (15min drive) https://www.facebook.com/thetintaldrahotel/
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to make your own arrangements for getting to and from accomodation.
We welcome everyone to join us the next day to not only celebrate post-wedding, but it also happens to be Edwina's 30th.
(That's right, she scraped into married life in her twenties... by a few hours)
We will be having a BBQ breakfast that will turn into a lazy lunch and Slip-N-Slide so don't forget your towel and togs!
Please feel free to stay another day or night with us.